Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Solid Foods



We caught some funny faces when he was trying Avocados for the first time. So, we're doing pretty well with the progression of solid foods. I am lucky because I have the time at home to make all our own baby food. I are making it all from scratch which is a lot cheaper and a lot more nutrient-rich than the jars. It actually doesn't take much time at all because you make one thing in "bulk" and then freeze it in ice cube trays. Then when it's frozen, you pop the food cubes into a quart size freezer bag and label it and it is good in the freezer for up to 2 months. When I'm ready to feed him, I just pull out a food cube, nook it for 20-30 seconds, then it's ready to go. Easy! We started with a week of Rice Cereal (I did buy that), then a week of bananas, we just finished up avocados. And now tomorrow we are starting sweet potato. I think he'll like that better than the avocado. It's pretty fun!

No comments: