Tuesday, October 20, 2009

I'm 30 years Old!


Angie here...and in a new decade of life! I made the big change-over to my 30's this last weekend, on October 18th. I was sad on Saturday because it was the last day of my 20's and I counted down the minutes even! But now I am fine with being 30 and I am blessed with a WONDERFUL family. I wanted a family picture of the 3 of us on my 30th birthday; so that is us in our backyard in Aurora, CO. Nate & I went on a FABULOUS date for my birthday! Molly Riddle (soon married, to be changing to Wink) babysat Johnathan for us from 5 pm until 11pm! 6 hours and it went well, she said. He apparently didn't cry much, he took 2 bottles of pumped milk well for her, and he went to bed at 9pm. She was a good babysitter. Nate & I first went to dinner in downtown Denver called "The 9th Door". It is a Tapas Restaurant so we ordered 5 different appetizer-like items and they were all DELICIOUS!!! The dinner was the best part of our bday date. It was a swanky/fancy atmosphere. It was amazing food and amazing company. It was so fun to be in a nice restaurant with just Nate and not worrying about a baby crying. It was fun to just focus on our relationship for one night again. He did a couple little sneaky things about my gift and telling the waitress it was my birthday. So that was cute. Then, we went to the Broadway play "Wicked" at the Denver Performing Arts Complex. It was a very fun show. We had great seats front and center. It was a wonderful birthday and very memorable! I have an amazing husband.








2 comments:

The Ames Family said...

Great family picture!! Happy 30th Birthday, Angie :)

Melissa said...

Happy belated birthday Angie! It sounds like you had a fun day. We saw Wicked last year when we were in Chicago and we LOVED it. I turn 30 next month and I know what you mean about wanted to stay in your twenties. I feel the same way. But I'm glad to hear that it's really not that bad :) Your little boy is so cute by the way. Hope you guys are doing well!