Thursday, July 23, 2009

Another week, another appointment


Yesterday we had another appointment, at 39 weeks and 4 days. Today I am 2 days away from my due date! Can't believe I've made it this far! This is us at the Anschutz Outpatient clinic (at UCH), excited to be parents soon. My Midwife checked me again and now I am 2/70%/-1....so that means I am more dilated (2 cm), more effaced or thinned out, and his head is lower. Good news! She "stripped my membranes" (for those medical or maternal people who may know what that means) so that could help push labor along. It hurt pretty bad...Nate was there to hold my hand. He was sweet. And ever since, I have had a lot more contractions and more painful. It didn't set me into labor last night, however I slept horribly and contracted on and off. Sometimes every 7 to 10 minutes regularly. I didn't know what to do about work today (cause it was my last scheduled 8 hr shift), so I got up at 4:55am and walked around in my house for 20 minutes straight to assess. Well, I was contracting too much and too painfully to appropriately take care of other patients in the hospital. So I called in "sick" today on my last day. My Mom is here with me now and will help me get through the day. We'll see if I go into labor tonight. My sisters will be here in Denver very soon. I'm getting excited to hold my baby boy in my arms for the very first time!

3 comments:

The Ames Family said...

Hang in there Angie! Those last few days (weeks) are the toughest part!

Amber Miskin said...

Good luck Angie! I know you will make it just fine!

Molly said...

Hang tough, Ang! You'll be fine. Keep me posted I'm excited to meet him!