Monday, September 7, 2009

Baby Blessing at church (& FUNNY story)




Johnathan had his dedication blessing at church this Sunday since Grandma Pennock was in town. Johnathan is now 6 weeks old. The assistant pastor Howard Waller did the prayer and it was really special. They gave us a little dedication certificate and a children's bible for him. : ) But I have a hilarious story for you all. The blessing was in the very beginning of church at 9:00am and prior to leaving for church I had changed his diaper and fed him. After church started, the pastor said, "And now I'd like to invite a very special couple up who just had a baby on July 25th..."...and right then Johnathan (in his carseat in the pew) had the biggest, most gigantic BLOW-OUT diaper that you can ever imagine! I couldn't believe my ears...but then immediately after that, I couldn't believe my eyes and sense of touch. I picked him up out of his carseat (he was wearing overalls and a white long-sleeve onesie and white socks), and walked him up to the stage in front of the large congregation. I felt his whole entire left leg and buttocks jeans material was completely soaked. Then I felt it on my arm and looked down at my left hand and had fresh poo all over my fingers. I felt my shirt getting wet even! So I was suddenly so embarrassed and I tried to block the evidence with my body. I kept him in one position so the audience couldn't see POO all over his back side and on me! So I barely paid attention to what the pastor was saying & the prayer because I was so distracted by this amazing blow-out diaper. Johnathan was making sure his Dedication was a memorable one! We will NEVER forget this day! : ) So afterwards Jan and I went to the ladies restroom and cleaned it up. Poo was covered on the inside of his overalls. His white onesie and socks were soaked and stained with yellow poo. And I washed my hands and arms well. Luckily we had an extra outfit in the diaper bag. But it was literally the biggest baby blow-out I had EVER seen! So funny that it had to be right before his baby blessing in front of so many people. I guess we've got good ammo to embarrass him with when he's 17 years old and dating. : ) Nate joked "the lesson here is: even when we are waist deep in shit, God still blesses us". : ) hee hee.
The second picture is the best one from the weekend and it is at lunch after church at a Thai restaurant. Great weekend with the NEW Grandma!

No comments: